May the 4th Be With You.
So let’s have a little light-hearted fun this week. If you have read my About Me, or know me IRL, you probably know I am a SCI-FI lover – I love both Star Wars and Star Trek (I know, blasphemy for many, but I like what I like!). In honor of Star Wars Day, I have put together my top 10 favorite quotes from the original Star Wars trilogy. Did yours make the list? Have some fun – comment in the comments section below with your favorite quotes – I’d love to see what comes up!
- “Try no – Do…or do not do. There is no try.” – I say this WAAAYYY too much. Love you Yoda!
- A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I’m out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!” Ah, Han, you always knew just what to say to keep Luke’s ego in check.
- “I have a bad feeling about this.” – Everyone in the Star Wars universe thinks this at some point, I believe.
- Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you.” (Winces.) “Uh, how are you?” – Han’s conversational talent at its best.
- “Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder.” – such an “I love you” in Leia speak.
- “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” So cool for an old Jedi mind trick…
- “It’s not fair! They promised me they fixed it! It’s not my fault!” – the Falcon lets them down again…
- “That’s no moon.” – the understatement of all understatements, Ben….
- “I know” – Han speak for “I love you, too”
- “You’ve failed, your highness, I am a Jedi, as my father was before me.” – oh Luke, what a powerful mess you will become!
I’ve given you mine – your turn. And, for those of you still trying to get over the Star Wars and Star Trek fandom dichotomy – just remember, Star Wars takes place a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Star Trek is set in our future, so the characters of Star Wars are long dead and forgotten by the time our favorite Enterprise crews appear in the universe. There is room for all.
This post contains affiliate links for which I receive a small commission, at no cost to you, for advertising their products and services on my site. I only provide links to products and services I have tried and believe are a benefit to my readers.